I have been a customer of google, youtube, and gmail since each one became available.Over the years youtube has gotten worse but I would still check out a video or two - I mean what could that hurt?

Well it can apparently hurt quite a bit as I found out lately.

While working, I watched a forwarded video from a friend while I waited for a laptop I am building to load some new software. For whatever reason the video needed my birthday, while I was scrolling down the year section a date one was chosen for me. Immediately I was sent to a warning page that ALL of my google accounts were frozen as I was under 13?

There was ABSOLUTELY NO chance to correct the date and the ONLY fix is to send Google my credit card# and personal information.I have an issue with handing over such information to a company that seems to lose this data on a regular basis.

If you have a gmail account you should avoid youtube or you might just find yourself locked out of your own account.

Had an Experience with YouTube?

Comments

Total Wireless - Scammy-class action anyone? Total Wireless "I purchased from Walmart-it says it's a 6gb Walmart exclusive plan. My phone says I used 4.6 gb, they say it's my 5 gb cap and it no longer works...." Read more YouTube - Deliberately broken on older devices YouTube "I have been playing YouTube on my BlackBerry for years, but suddenly instead of the video I want, I now get a *** video that says "youtube is upgrading to..." Read more FreedomPop - The WORST experience with a phone carrier I have EVER HAD FreedomPop "I opened a FreedomPop account for my son last November (2016). He is in middle school and with his evolving social schedule, it was necessary to make sure he had..." Read more Cricket Wireless - Activation fraud Cricket Wireless "Today I stopped at a Cricket Wireless store to ask questions about switching over to their company. Before I knew it, I was getting signed up. Ok, no problem, except..." Read more Chopretail - Horrible Experience Chopretail "I am a new mother and purchased a Spectra S2 pump from Chop Retail via Walmart. I like to be a prepared mother and ordered the pump 4 months before..." Read more Lazada Philippines - Paying without the item Lazada Philippines "Yesterday I got my order its Piedras earring two in 1 upon delivery the amount I was paid off in the receipt is with the amount of the other item..." Read more Waffle House - Egregious service by WH employees to a 30 yr service veteran Waffle House "On or about, 9/22/2017, between 4-5pm, I visited the Georgia State University Waffle House located at 100 Piedmont Ave SE, Atlanta GA 30303. Upon visiting the store, I noticed an..." Read more Sa Painting And Remodeling - Sebastian Arlegui And Jose Barahona - Botched Bathroom Remodel SA Painting and Remodeling Sa Painting And Remodeling - Sebastian Arlegui And Jose Barahona "On July 26, 2017 SA Painting and Remodeling LLC, Sebastian Arlegui and Jose Barahona, agreed to fix my bathroom. The bathroom is now in need of repair due to the..." Read more